"Frame shop; Boston, Mass. Formed without a formal name ca. 1903 by painters Charles Prendergast, Hermann Dudley Murphy, and the carver and gilder Walfred Thulin. Beginning in 1906, was known as the Frame Shop of Hermann Dudley Murphy, and incorporated June 13, 1911 as the Thulin-Murphy Co. On Feb. 5, 1914, the name was changed to the Carrig-Rohane Shop after the Irish village of Murphy's father. In 1915, Murphy ceded the management to Robert C. Vose. At its peak, the shop employed fifteen people and provided custom frames to museums, galleries, and collectors throughout America. The corporation dissolved on March 29, 1939, and the operation moved to the Vose Galleries' premises."